The examples of exercises:
- Blow like high wind
- Put out a candle
- Blow on a spoon with hot soup (long exhalation)
- Blow on a scratch (very often)
- Blow bit of fluff away your palm (slightly)
Let's turn to pronunciation:
Pay your attention to the degree of air pressure and the position of the tip of tongue (most vowels are formed in a forepart of oral cavity). Try to do the exercises slowly and smoothly:
- Draw a breath and sing and then pronounce the sounds [э], [ы], [o], [у], [и] on the slow exhale.
- Put your fingers on the neck and sing the combination of sounds [а-э-и], [и-э-а], [а-о-у], у-о-а].
- Turn to short phrases, say: А-у-окна, а-у-Анны, а-у-Инны.
The position of the sound [ы] – [y]
Other languages do not have this sound, that is why you should pay attention to its correct position. Therefore we use the sounds-assistances: [у] – [u], [к] – [k], [г] – [g]. You can control your articulation with a mirror. Pay attention: tongue is moved back.
- Begin with the contrasting the sound [и] – [i] and [ы] – [y]: и → ы; ы → и.
- Add the sound [y] – [u]: и-ы-у, y-ы-и.
- Add the sounds-assistances and pronounce: кы – кы [ky], гы – гы [gy], кыш – кыш [kysh], кы [ky] – гы [gy], кык [kyk] – гык [gyk], ыкы [yky] – ыгы [ygy].
- Then add the games with tonality, sing at first, then pronounce: мы-ми, мы-ми [my-mi]. Pay attention: ми [mi] is higher-pitched and мы [my] – lower.
- Add the combination of the sound [ы] – [y] with the sounds [в] – [v], [м] – [m], [п] – [p], [б] – [b]. Practice these combinations: вы - мы - ты - пы – бы.